Sunday, July 25, 2010

I think we can do this

Friday's last meal was a train wreck. Adam chewed me up and spit me out.

I was holding back tears, so frustrating. His bites were miniscule and he kept holding the food in his mouth, getting no reward, the next bite comes, now he vomits and then I had to replace the first bite and move on to the second bite. The therapist was reminding me that this is his choice, he can swallow pudding in less than 30 seconds. He is choosing this. It was really hard.

Afterwards, the dr was talking to me that maybe he doesn't feel hunger, they have cut his feeds so drastically, he should be hungry and he also isn't having enough bowel movements. She will bring his GI up to date and that dr. should have some recommendations to help. He may need to be put back on an appetite increaser or some meds to move his bowels faster.

She told us to take it easy and relax over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment