Thursday, April 12, 2012

Damn Weigh-ins

We had off for President's Day, so obviously we made as many doctor appointments as possible. One was our monthly visit to "Eating School". This is where Adam sees a nutritionist, doctor, nurse practitioner, and behaviorist.

At February's visit he lost weight.

They said to change nothing yet, just keep the night feed the same. It doesn't mean anything. It is just one pound.

At March's visit (which was really April, because I can't take even one more day off of work and so the appointment was on Easter Monday) he did not gain any weight. He didn't lose, but he didn't gain.

That's no weight gain in 3 months.

We have to increase his night feed.

This depresses me for a few reasons.
1. It's not moving forward, it's not closer to removing that damn Mic-key button. I am so freaking sick of people asking me when it is coming out. stop asking me. I don't have a fucking clue. I am doing the best I can. Back the fuck off.
2. I know that the longer it's in, the more dependent he gets with it.

I am trying to stay positive, like self talking that we can bulk him up. He is having surgery this summer, so this way, we can pack on the pounds and all. He's still only four. Look how far he's come and all that smiles self-positive upbeat talk, but really?

really it is going back a step and that sucks.

1 comment:

  1. staying positive sucks...sometimes it feels good to just feel shitty about things. And then you'll continue to push on because you have no other option and because you are an amazing mom to that crazy kid. most likely he's just doing this to test you....

    Hang in there. I'll gain some weight for him.

    ReplyDelete