Saturday, March 5, 2011

Swim lessons

Sorry no updates in Feb, but to be quite honest, Adam is the same eating wise. His routine is the same. No changes and we missed our Feb appointment at Chop due to crazy crazy snow we've had.

But..... we took him to swim class.

This was super exciting. Every night for the past two weeks, we've been "selling" swim lessons. We are all like, "yeah, swim class is the best! Adam, you are going to go to swim class soon, yeah!" and all kinds of cheering for swimming.

Yesterday was the day and of, course he didn't want to go. He cried and carried on. We drove him. He cried and carried on in the car. We got to the Y. He cried and carried on.

There were 4 kids in his class and 2 teachers. One boy was crying the entire time- the entire half hour. That boy was thankfully not Adam. Adam cried and whined in the beginning. I made him walk to the pool and put his feet in. The teacher talked to him and told him to get in. Adam refused. I went over and told him that he had to listen to the teacher. He had to get in.

Adam turned to me and yelled, "NO. NO I NOT GO IN POOL. I AM THE BOSS APPLESAUCE".

Ok, it took so much not not crack up laughing. I said to him that he was not the boss. And made him get in. This was so worth it. He started to relax and laugh with the teacher and have a blast. I took a picture of him and the guy in charge was like, "Um, Ma'am, you can't take pictures. We have a no picture policy."

I responded with a smile, " I totally understand, but I am only taking a picture of just him and I will not post it on the internet. But this is his first time swimming. He's only 3 and he was born 14 weeks early, weighed just over a pound, has had 7 surgeries, spent 8 months of his life in a hospital, had a tracheotomy and couldn't make any sounds out of his mouth for his first two years. I know you understand, that this is a miracle and I'm taking a picture."

He goes, "oh, uh...of course."

Anyway. I am a woman of my word and will not post this picture, but Phil and I were beaming and teary-eyed and so proud of our little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment