Saturday, September 12, 2009

First Fall Illness

Basically Adam made it one week at daycare before getting sick. I am blaming the daycare, but Philip and I both returned to work this week (in germy middle schools) and Matthew returned to school (in a germy elementary school) so it could be all that, too.

I thought the hand washing, hand sanitizers, lysol spray, showers, clothes changing would hold off illness.  On Friday morning like 5 am, Philip woke me up saying that Adam felt hot. He was hot with a fever. We tried to do a temp under his arm, but he was too squirmy and I didn't have the heart to wake him up. Gave him tylenol and Philip called out of work.

We paid the babysitter half her pay. I went to work and Philip took Adam to the pediatrician. The pediatrician said he looked fine- no infections. Must be viral. He played fine during the afternoon Friday then vomited after bath. Today he was sick. His nose is all snotty, he's coughing, he vomited after dinner. We gave him his inhaler a few times today and some pedialyte after he vomited.  

We will most likely call the doctor tomorrow and may return on Monday to the dr's office. I will take off Monday and stay with him. The next step is some prednilisone. We keep it in the house for him, but need to call doctor if his wheezing warrants it. I listened to his chest, sounds a bit tight, but not too bad. 

I would like to get some flu shots soon, but we have to be well to get them and with all the media hype- I hope this isn't h1n1. He sleeps with a pulse ox monitor on his toe and his oxygen and heart rate are fine, so maybe it's just a mild cold. Even a mild cold is trouble for this house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment